Centerfield Home Claimed by Fire

Published on February 14, 2017 at 02:01PM

A Centerfield family is trying to pick the up the pieces after a fire claimed their home Friday, February 10.

Emergency personnel rushed to 275 N Main in Centerfield, Utah, after an emergency call came in about the fire at 12:45 pm.

The Gunnison Valley Police Department, Fire Department, EMTs and the Sterling Fire Department all responded to the call.

According to the GVPD, the home owner said the fire began after faulty wiring sparked the blaze.

The young family was able to escape the home with no injuries, but the residence was deemed a complete loss by fire crews.

GVPD has contacted the local Red Cross representative, Eliza Jensen, to provide immediate assistance to the family. Local church and civic organizations were also contacted to assist in the relief effort.