House Explodes In Box Elder County

Published on March 11, 2014 at 07:05AM

Fire officials are saying a homeowner is lucky to be alive following a propane-triggered house explosion in Box Elder County. Authorities say the homeowner was inside his house in Portage yesterday when he smelled propane and called the propane company for help. The man was able to turn off the propane and walk across the street before the propane ignited and caused an explosion that demolished the house. Police say no one was injured in the incident, but the house is a total loss.