Fire Tuesday Night Destroys Shed

Published on April 25, 2013 at 12:14PM

Updated

A shed, located on Hepplers Pond Road near Annabella caught on fire Tuesday (4/23) night and more than $200,000 worth of property was destroyed. Richfield City and Monroe Fire Departments arrived just after 8 pm and put the fire out. Property owner, Jeff Robinson said that he and a few friends were at the shed when he tried to light a broiler to heat the building. Robinson used some gasoline to try and light the wood in the broiler. He said he poured some gas into a cup and some spilled on the ground. When Robinson threw the gas on the fire, it caught the cup on fire also. The flames spread to the spilled gasoline and the gas can and started to spread rapidly. At least six saddles and tack equipment were inside the shed along with a four wheeler, a snowmobile, air compressor, drill press and many other tools all of which were destroyed in the fire.